Resolution and work around for downloading prerequisite SQL Compact 4.0 x64.
When installing ClubReady Desktop application prerequisites the error "Some requisites could not be downloaded. You can try again or remove them from the prerequisites list" when trying to download SQL Server Compact 4.0 x64. This prerequisite is required and can't be removed and must be installed to complete the installation of the ClubReady Desktop Application.
The download location for SQL Server Compact 4.0 x64 has changed or removed by Microsoft.
Download SQL Server Compact 4.0 SP1
- Cancel out of the ClubReady Desktop Application Install
- From client PC go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29037&6B49FDFB-8E5B-4B07-BC31-15695C5A2143=1 and click "Download"
- Check the checkbox for ENU\SSCERunitme_x64-ENU.exe and click "Next"
- Once download, run the SSCERunitme_x64-ENU application
- Click "Yes" to allow the app to make changes to the device
- Click "Next" and on the next window accept the Terms of the License Agreement
- Click "Install" (After Installation the PC may need to be restarted)
To resolve the issue a change in the ClubReady Desktop application install would need to be requested. An update to the installer to have the URL updated for the prerequisite SQL Server Compact 4.0 SP1 download.