This article will guide you through manually sending a client the communication preferences email. This allows the client to update their preferences for opting-in to text messages and email communications from your club. Opting-in is important for compliance regulations.
1. Locate Client Profile
Search and select the desired client/member. To continue click the ALL DETAIL button.
2. Send Communication Preference Email
You will advance to the Billing tab by default. Navigate to General > Communication Preferences. When you click this link, you are taken to a page to view and edit the user's communication preferences or send them an email.
If attempting to send the user a text message from the Work It and it does not give you an option (even if the user responded with START), please send this email, notify them to check their inbox and opt in.
- The email is set up to not send for a week, not 24 hours.
- It is an industry best practice to only update a users' preferences when they directly ask for these to be updated by a staff person. Otherwise, please continue to use the email link to allow the user to update their own preferences.
3. Viewing Client Email
The client will receive the email shown above (unless you have modified your own custom template). From here, they can click to update their preferences or unsubscribe from all emails.
If they choose to update their preferences they have the option to Opt-In to Emails, SMS Notifications such as booking reminders, or SMS promotional messages.
Requirements - A 'Master Admin' login or a staff login with the following permissions.
- Prospect Management - Can access prospects
- Member Management: General - Can access member options